Saturday, September 26, 2009

Weekend Work

Unfortunately, weekends are not always the relaxing, blissful times that we hope for. This may not look scary to you. . .





. . . . but it is to me!




Don't you just hate it when your loved ones are up on a ladder? I personally would never paint what needed to be painted if it were up to me; I know my impatient self, and would most likely do myself in, incorrectly positioning the ladder, and fall off it and become a paraplegic at my first attempt. I think there should be safety harnesses on ladders, that you can attach to the chimney or something. I had to go inside. . . .
Maria asked if the butterfly photos were taken with the D300s. . . . No, the D40. I didn't want to take the new camera to Mall of America in case I crashed my car and wrecked the camera. (?) But now I'm trying to push myself to only use the D300s. . .
Dianna's birthday is tomorrow (our time; she's already 21, India time. But the India time shouldn't count, because she has really lived 21 years yet until about 11:30 am India time)! If you haven't yet, and want to, please take a moment and wish my little one a happy 21st birthday on her blog Dianna turning 21 in India. And if you haven't read her blog post yet about the encounter with the transgender person and cultural confusion, you're in for an intriguing read!


8 comments:

pat said...

I think all ladders should come with super, heavy-duty, industrial strength suction cups at the top, as well as straps! I HATE ladders--anything over 3 rungs and I break into a cold sweat...

Anonymous said...

I hope he finishes safely! Your journalling is so humorous.

Barb said...

I like Doug a lot and don't like seeing him on that ladder. Our realtor suggested a man to paint the trimming on our house. We were with the understanding he would have help but he didn't. He also didn't have a tall enough ladder. So he tied two ladders together and Bob found him at the top of the two ladders holding on with one hand and painting with the other. Our house is extremely high. I am surprised Bob didn't have a heart attack it was so scary. The man did a good job but I would never hire him again to paint.

bprincephoto said...

I don't blame you for going inside. I hate it when dh does the same. I LOL at being afraid to wreck the camera.

Maria said...

Yikes! I agree, Angela. That is just about the one thing that I can't stand to watch Lee do. A year ago he was up on the tall ladder doing something with the ceiling in the Family Room and on his way down he lost his footing, grabbed the bookcase which thankfully was bolted to the wall, and narrowly missed serious injury. The bolt that was holding down the bookcase partially came off the wall, thank goodness it was screwed to the stud, but it made a big hole, which then naturally had to be repaired. I kept trying to talk Lee into replacing it with an even bigger bolt, just in case . . .

Yolanda said...

Yup- men on top of ladders are scary! Don't blame you for being worried.

The Au Family said...

Ladders are scary, but its nice to be getting work done. We have so much around the house that we need to get done!

Sharon said...

Is he painting aluminum siding?!?