Saturday, August 14, 2010

Turtle River State Park

Turtle River State Park is this little park about 20 miles from our house, perfect for a wandering in the woods, getting out of the house, little venture. On the way, we passed a sunflower field and a buffalo farm. . .
The park is not grand, by any stretch of the imagination, but it's got water, campground areas, mosquitoes, and kids fishing and splashing, picnic areas, and outdoor weddings. . . . even a touch of the old poison ivy. It makes for a very pleasant escape from indoors.


Nicki asked about how to make photos larger on blogger, and I stumbled upon a way the other day. I'd tried the same method in the past, and it never worked. But because it seems like blogger changes its format every now and then, I thought I'd try again. . . .

And it's easy!

You know how when you are entering a new post, you have the option to either edit html, or compose? After you upload your photo, go to the "edit Html" view.

Look at the code for a photo. Your specific numbers might be different, depending on how you prepare your photo for the web. In my code for a photo, I see:

width: 400px; height: 266px;

. . . and I just delete this. Delete it all the way from "width" to "px;", but make sure you leave the " after "px;" that stays in the code.
Next, a little further down in the code for the photo, you'll see something like:


s400

All I do here is change the "400" to "900" and there it is! A nice big honker of a photo! And if you click on the photo, you get it even bigger! (And then, . . . go ahead!. . . . click on it even one more time!)

Wonderful for those of you who might be having EyeBall issues (thank-you-very-much!), or just like things BIG.

I'm not sure if all the blogger templates will behave nicely with this method, but it worked for me. Give it a try, and let me know what you think!

4 comments:

Nicki said...

Nice park - love the bitty falls. Thanks for the sizing instructions. I'm curious, what size are you uploading your pictures at to start? So far, the format I use will only let me go as large as 650 on the biggest side (even with changing the width/height/s800 on the html edit). I'm thinking I need to fiddle more with the template.

Julie said...

Pretty park. I love the larger images. I just switched to Wordpress and I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure it out. Hopefully soon I will get larger images too!

Jeanne said...

Your larger images are fabulous. I'm glad you figured out how to post them. Thanks for the tips. I wonder what would happen if you composed without editing the html. When I insert a picture, I get a few options for size. It's been a little while since I posted, so I can't remember if there is an extra large option. I do know you can click center, right or left to orient the photo. Hmmmm...maybe I should actually post something and see how large I can get the photo that way. LOL

I have to say, when I read the little bit of poison ivy, I got nervous that maybe you wandered into it! Glad that's not what happened.

Hope you have a good week!

Maria said...

I could take a nap in that spot where Doug is standing. I love the sound of cascading water! Nice park!