Sunday, November 7, 2010

Color Drama!

I have two sons, one who is color-blind, and one who is not. It always baffles me that my non-color blind son will consult the color-blind one for his fashion sense. Even though color-blind, Brian really does care greatly about his clothing, and actually took 4 years of art in high school because he enjoyed it so much.

But to not see the full range of colors!

Does this mean he doesn't get the full, dramatic, glory of the color of flamingos?



Or will he "see" the new color I finally settled on for my kitchen?



It's slowly coming along (the kitchen,not the flamingos). The lilac you see on the walls will be covered by cabinets. (The only reason I even had lilac on the walls was because of a minor dispute with my daughter. I painted the bathroom a type of pink/mauve. She objected, saying it would stress her out, and that she "spent the most time in the bathroom" so should have the choice of color. I really didn't want purple in the bathroom (think color casts on your face!) and compromised by painting the kitchen lilac.

It was ok in the kitchen, but more "eh?" than anything else.

See that little grate on the floor? The one that matches the new cabinets? I myself painted that with spraypaint all by myself! Impressive, huh? It looks much better now that the old grate for the heat vent, the "gold" was all rusty and grungy.

9 comments:

Cathi Green said...

Your kitchen is going to look awesome, I love the color! Please post pictures when you're all done!

Suzy said...

Love your daughters reasoning for wanting to pic the bathroom color :)! In that case I get to pick out the bathrooms paint here to :)! Looking very good!!

Maria said...

I am loving everything I see, beginning with that big window, the wall color, the fact that you got rid of the scalloped border over the window, the new cabinet color . . . even the clock pops beautifully with the new wall color. Nice paint job on the vent. Does that go on the floor or against a cabinet? You are going to be so happy with your new kitchen!

Jill said...

So funny on the clothing thing! My daughter made the same argument about the bathroom, but she was overruled. I love the kitchen color! I can't wait until my classes are over (one day...) so I can do stuff like that again.

Reds said...

Love the new color! So bright!

Chell said...

Its looking good. I bet you can't wait for it to be dopne!

Nicki said...

A new kitchen - I am so jealous! Lavender is such a pain to paint over - I know, who woulda guessed. My daughter insisted on lavender in her bedroom; that last 1 year. Then she wanted red and black / Asian themed room. One wall is now a burgundy red - the rest of the walls, coats and coats of creamy white to cover the pale lavender.
Can't wait to see the final results of your kitchen re-do.

And interesting that your one sonwould take a fancy to art; I would have thought the lack of color would frustrate him.

Oh, nice flamingos!

Barb said...

It is all coming together perfectly. I can't wait to see it finished.

Anonymous said...

I love the bold colors! I so want to paint next summer. I hate my builder beige walls. My son is color blind also. We had the most incredibly pink sunset last week and i actually got a little teary thinking about how he could never see suc a beautiful sight. He is quite content, though, and thinks I am just silly :)