Tuesday, April 24, 2018

March 21st, Venice: San Marco Square, Chocolate Fountains, and The Bridge of Sighs

Rick Steve has a wonderful app, Rick Steve's Europe, which includes Audio Tours that can be downloaded and used as guides through many of the major attractions throughout Europe. It's like having your own personal tour guide in your head, and I also had the good fortune of having my own personal art historian at my side in the person of Alicia!

Our next stop in Venice was St. Mark's Basilica and San Marco's Square, and we had Audio Tours for both.

Here's another picture from inside the Doge's Palace:


A shot of St. Mark's Square:



The Bridge of Sighs, said to be the passage way through which prisoners, tried and sentenced in the Doge's Palace, were marched across this canal to the attached prison, getting their last look through the little windows at freedom and the outside world:


Walking through the little streets of Venice:



And shop windows with chocolate fountains!



2 comments:

Barb said...

Yum! The chocolate fountains are not only beautiful but are making me crave a price of chocolate.

Maria C said...

Hmm . . . chocolate . . . Yum! But for me, it has to be dark chocolate, not just now, when its health benefits are touted everywhere, all my life I've preferred the bitter bite of dark chocolate. As for Venice, it's simply a postcard. So beautiful and unique. That is an interesting shot of Mr. Buns of Steel, but Lee and I sat here trying to figure out where it was taken. Are you in the Doge's palace, or is this a different building? I really, really love Venice.