Friday, July 24, 2009

The Farm in the Garden

I wish my photos could do justice to the stretch of color and blooms in the garden in Tabor, MN. As I stepped into it, I had the sense of being on the yellow brick road in the Wizard of Oz; you know the moment--it's when everything changes from black and white to color!









This shot gives you a peek of the farm just beyond the garden. Irene Larsen is very careful not to plant ornamental grasses because she is afraid of the grasses seeding or spreading into the farmland fields. She also says that her gardens are "nice, but not spectacular." Ummm-- she's wrong; they're spectacular.

14 comments:

pat said...

Well! Wouldn't you love to see what SHE thinks is spectacular? Man oh man! I love those birdhouses--so whimsical with the "ruffled" siding...

Nicki said...

What a lovely spot for a settee - and I concur - from the photos, definitely spectacular.

Sharon said...

Great shots! Cool garden!

Bobbi said...

I love your yellow brick road comparison, I really do think it would look like this! Such a pretty place.

Sara said...

What a lovely place to sit and dream and photogragh!

Anonymous said...

I think you nailed it with the Wizard of Oz comment. I like the birdhouses, too!

Suzy said...

Wow I think you describe it very well with relating it all to the Wizzard of Oz! These are gorgeous! I really like those chairs in that first shot.

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

I agree spectacular. What a beautiful place to sit and see.

Lou said...

Beautiful. I love the last one with the farm in the background.

Reds said...

Spectacular for sure!

Maria said...

I love the accents that she's added to the garden that add so much to the enjoyment of the flowers - the birdhouses, the fountains, the chairs . . . It's all so lovely.

Barb said...

Very beautiful!

Amy said...

I'd say they look pretty spectacular from these shots! My favorite is the second one, so beautiful! :)

Jen Mc said...

WOW! Gorgeous!