Saturday, April 17, 2010

This may be cute, but who'd name their baby "Sedum Nussbaumeranum Autumn Glow?"



And the name of this one (Echeveria Powder Blue) makes me thing of "the powder room."


And since I'm still posting plant photos, I thought this would be a good time to give all of you words of advice:

1. Keep a close watch on scilla in your garden.

and 2. ALWAYS listen to Pat's advice! She warned me a year or so ago that scilla could be invasive, and I thought "nah! Not in North Dakota! What's 2 or 3 or 6 little plants?" But now it's everywhere! I foresee many an hour of digging the pretty little plants, and their pod like root structures, from my garden in the weeks ahead :(.

5 comments:

Maria said...

O.K. I guess I won't be planting scylla . . . As much as I love flowers, I don't like high-maintenance gardens. Summer is just too short to spend it constantly weeding and taming perennials. Too bad, it's such a pretty color!

Jeanne said...

You sure found yourself some beauties. I remember spending lots of time trying to get rid of some succulents that were taking over my garden one year. What a pain!

Samantha said...

I have a total black thumb, so I'll live vicariously through you! Beautiful!

annabelle said...

nope won't be planting those lol, grest dof and color :)

Barb said...

They are really pretty. I wonder how they would do in TX.