Monday, December 28, 2009

I've Created a Monster: The Photo Bomber

I've created a monster! Every family may have one: the Dreaded Photo-Bomber-- that drama queen who leaps in front of the camera every chance she/he gets, regardless of what you really want as your subject or focus.

It started innocently enough. Occasionally I would give my model a reward for successfully accomplishing a pose--often a tasty treat: lamb & rice biscuits, or lamb and rice sausage chunks.

But then the monster surfaced. Now, it seems like every time I pick up my camera, Drama Queen awakens from her slumbers, with every bit of her narcissistic personality demanding to be "fed", and proclaiming, "Me! Me! Take a picture of me! It's all about ME!"



The above photo was suppose to be about Dianna (Who is NOT the photo bomber!) But Bonnie sprung into action, practically salivating when she saw my lens cap come off, and positioned herself directly in my line of focus.



And this photo was going to be a close-up of the Nativity Scene. Before I could compose the photo, Bonnie Photo-Bomber leapt into action, wiped out a few sheep and Wisemen with her tail, and got herself center stage.

It's the drool on the lens that really does me in, though.

12 comments:

Maria said...

Correction: That would be the Beautiful Ms. Photo-Bomber, if you please . . . Too funny! And gorgeous picture of Dianna.

Anissa said...

LOL -- that is to cute.
Your daughter is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I thought one of your kids was going to be the bomber! So funny:)

Reds said...

But you've got the cutest photo bomber!! :)

Barb said...

That is a beautiful photo of Dianna.

Jeanne said...

LOL funny! Great shot of Dianna! And is Bonnie aka cutest photo bomber ever, wearing those antlers or are they on the shelf behind her??

Nicki said...

Angela - right now I only have a lens that goes down to 18 and the 28-27 one. I had hoped for the 17-50 for Christmas...I might have to just Santa that myself.

As for Ms. Bonnie / the Photo Bomber - you have to give her credit - she can work a camera and is always so perfectly accessorized.

shirley said...

Way too funny! Bonnie obviously likes being the center of the paparazzi there!

elucidarian said...

The other end of the stick, getting the dog to sit for that one shutter click you want it in ...

Kelly said...

haha too funny. My pets when they see the camera turn and walk away, they are over it, I kinda wish one of the five liked their picture taken.

Suzy said...

LOL how cute! I love that she jumps in front of the camera!

Sharon said...

But she posed perfectly under those antlers!