Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Cherry Blossoms

Being in DC without my Nikon was agony, but it was softened by the beauty of the cherry blossom trees!





I was in DC for a conference, and had very little time to wander about; I would have loved to go along the tidal basin and see the trees. My conference was at the Omni Shoreham and these trees were within walking distance from the hotel.

By the way, did you know that on the DC Metro, the trains can open, pouring a huge mass of humanity out on the platform, but then close before any people are allowed onto the Metro, but long enough for the doors to close on and grab your jacket? It helps to have a few strong hands among fellow passengers who pried the door back open while I did this little tugwar maneuver pulling my jacket back, or I'd have had to return to North Dakota winter-jacket-less. Just thought you'd like to know.

10 comments:

Christi said...

Those cherry blossoms are just gorgeous.

Glad you got home with your coat. LOL

Joanne said...

I love seeing the cherry blossoms. thanks for sharing them.

Suzy said...

Oh my goodness the jacket incident sounds rough! Glad you got it back! Beautiful captures!

Meaghan said...

Those trees are beautiful! I grew up in NY but never made it to DC to see the cherry blossoms in bloom. :(

Nicki said...

Never mess with subway trains is my motto - was always a bit leery about getting a purse or briefcase caught when I lived in DC. The cherry blossoms are gorgeous.

btw: no idea what the green plant is from my post - just something that has cropped up (so to speak) in a pot left out over the winter. Will have to leave it be and see what develops.

Maria said...

Trains seem to have a special fondness for you, Angela! They seem to want to hang on to you at any cost! Remember the train in France? At least the American train only wanted your jacket, not your arm!!! Welcome back!

Denita said...

Glad you were able to retrieve your jacket! Love the pictures - they are gorgeous!

Reds said...

Those trees are GORGEOUS!! Too bad you didn't have time to walk around some more! And thanks for letting us know about the subway!

Jeanne said...

Gorgeous trees! It's still pretty brown around here, so it's lovely to see color!

Thank goodness you got your jacket back. Wouldn't want you to turn into a human popsicle when you got home!

Barb said...

The photos of the blossoms are beautiful. I wouldn't know you were using Doug's camera.