Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Final Five

It's been years since I've attended a hockey game, but this one was so much fun! University of North Dakota played against St. Cloud University's team, at the Excel Center in Grand Forks. Coincidentally, the Excel Center is connected to the RiverCentre, where Doug and I attended a conference on Alzheimer's.

St. Paul, Minnesota (Minneapolis' "twin") is a beautiful city, and this is just a view looking out from the parking garage!

The hockey game was such a fun "circus." I liked watching the game, but LOVED watching the fan behavior, weird fan behavior.

A lot of passion for a little puck.

If you don't hear from me again for a few days, it's not that river waters have swept me away, but I have another conference I'm going to in DC. Sadly, to deal with the luggage issues, I'm not bringing my Nikon; Doug's lending me his point-and-shoot.

I'm trying to brace myself for intense withdrawal, and hyperventilating.

3 comments:

Barb said...

Have a good time in DC. Will you get to see Scott? Or is he even in that area?

Nicki said...

I don't think I could handle DC without my camera - serious withdrawal. Have a lovely trip.

Heather said...

Too bad we can't shrink down our camera and myriad lenses for this very purpose - Photoshop can only do so much. :)