Thursday, January 31, 2008

Day 31 L.O.A.D.--St. Olaf


ARieff Template; SMJ Old Letters Kit

I am so happy that my daughter made the decision to change schools! I felt I needed to support her earlier decision to be 1400 miles away from home, but it was so very hard to accept. Just the logistics of getting from Washington, DC to Grand Forks were torturous. But the worst of it was how unhappy she was there. Now, she really enjoys her school, is around music again, and has much more respect for the math and science offerings. I'm impressed that she was willing to take the risk of turning her life upside down again to make this change. It's so wonderful when you see your children grow up before your eyes, and know that they are people that you truly have a great deal of admiration for! Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

6 comments:

Jeanne said...

Wonderful layout and story! Congrats on completing the challenge!!

It's been wonderful keeping up with your photos and layouts this month.

Keep up the awesome work. :o)

SusanD said...

I haven't been blog hopping in a while, been eBaying. But, I had to drop by to see what you were wearing, rather the weather girl widget! I wonder what mine will wear this summer?

You have some great LO's and photos.

Unknown said...

I just want you to know how much i enjoy your photos and los. i can just imagine how hard it was to have her move sooo far way and how nice to have her closer.

Hope you warm up soon!! :)

Unknown said...

I don't know why it comes up with lauren as my name - the above post was from me - Lisa (Ljonezy)

Kari said...

Great job on keeping up with your photos and LOAD challenge!! Your work is always fantastic :)

Jackie said...

Oh what a lovely way to document the changes in her life.........