Friday, November 7, 2008

313: Aperture and Murano Glass

I'm on the lookout for a good set of aperture photos to submit for my proudphotography.com class. True, I've taken beginning classes before, including the 12 weeks to better photography at 2peasinabucket.com but I'm liking where this class will go in the 13 lessons beyond this initial ones. And having an individual tutor is really nice!

Anyway, this photo just isn't going to do it for me. I've decided it needs to look good at both the narrow depth of field (F/3)

and at the deep depth of field (F/36) for me to like it enough to submit it. The couch, and mirror reflection add nothing, although I do like the F/3 photo. And murano glass? I'd love to have lots of it!




And Amy totally busted me yesterday!!!! Yeah, that wasn't really a red light, which also happened to be the opinion of the driver behind me. DARN that photographic evidence!

10 comments:

Becky said...

That is so pretty--I bet it would look really great at F32 with a black background. I like to use black posterboard and darken it in PS. I figured you just hadn't moved at the green light because the guy ahead of you hadn't yet. :-D

Anonymous said...

Ok that is so funny on being busted out by a fellow pea!

The glass is pretty. That class sounds very interesting!
Cari

Sharon said...

Beautiful glass! I love the way the light is bouncing around.

Jess said...

This is GORGEOUS- I love unique pieces of glasswork! My cousin is a glassblower and I could watch him work for HOURS! ;)

Erika said...

Wow, this piece is gorgeous!!

pat said...

This is gorgeous! I agree with Becky about the dark background---less distracting and more attention on that beautiful piece of glass.

Jeanne said...

What a pretty piece of glass...is it a snail? That's what it looks like to me. I think the shots are interesting as it, but then I still don't get the photography lingo! Ü

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

LOL you know what they say about a picture says a thousand words.

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

Oh forgot to type about the glass. It is so pretty. Can you use a darker background and then go with the F3? There is a place here where they do blown glass wow I could sit there all day and watch them. I told dh I want to learn how to do that, and I usually don't want to learn crafts at all. They do such pretty things not like the cheesy hearts and unicorn typey stuff reall vases and plates and stuff.

Anonymous said...

Wow...that is gorgeous. I love glass wear...unfortunately I break everything so I feel so ridiculous buying it. There is so much art in that piece.