Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Beautiful Miss Bonnie's Book Recommendation

The Beautiful Miss Bonnie has another book recommendation:



Same Kind of Different as Me, by Ron Hall and Denver Moore, is the most recentbook my book club read, and is roughly a true story about a homeless guy and an extremely wealthy art dealer. The book alternates between their perspectives, and the story about Denver's growing up years in Louisiana, pretty much as a sharecropper, is riveting and disturbing. Bonnie gives the book 3 paws up on her 4-paw scale, and advises that you have Kleenex handy.

And the editing was: a very bad cloning job to take Doug out of the photo. Often Bonnie rolls around on her back on the floor, playing with toys, but as cooperative as Bonnie was, we couldn't quite get the book balanced.



About a week or so ago, I took a walk on the "wild" side, had 2 glasses of wine, and pushed the button on an exciting purchase! I've been playing with it tonight and hope to have a photo with it tomorrow. I know, I know; you are going to be SO jealous!

15 comments:

KRISTIE said...

cute doggie! what is your new toy? a 5dmkII, a fisheye! and macro, oh the list . .. .

Reds said...

What did you get, what did you get, what did you get???!!! ;) Love your shot - great pp on this!

pat said...

A literate pooch--how fun!!

CindyTykie said...

Inquiring minds want to know what you got!?!?! LOL Great shot and great PPing on it

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

That is so cute! What did you get?! You can't leave us in suspense like that ;).

Diana said...

how cute! and i would have not even noticed the cloning until you mentioned it.

Lauren Hartman said...

LOL on the book recommendation, and sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do (the cloning). ;D

Liz said...

Miss Bonnie is such a sweety of course I am a sucker for a lab,especially one showing her belly.
I love the concept of this photo, I may have to copy you if you don't mind. :)

Jess said...

Wow, I think you did a GREAT cloning job! And I can't wait to find out about your new exciting purchase!

Amy said...

Cute dog! Can't wait to find out what your new toy is! :)

Meaghan said...

That's so cute! I was surprised that your dog was so cooperative! It looks great for how much you had to clone.

Jeanne said...

Wow! Bonnie sure is a willing participant. I guess if it means she'll get her tummy rubbed, it's all good, right?

Looking forward to seeing what your walk on the wild side brought to your life!

Margaret said...

Can't wait to see what your new purchase is!

You did great with the shot!

I really liked that book, too. I thought it was a very inspiritg story. Definitely need tissues when reading that one!

Suzy said...

how adorable!!

Bobbi said...

Lol that is so funny. Ohh I can't wait to see what your purchase is!!