Saturday, February 21, 2009

Guinness in Grand Forks and Random London Shots

Friday morning, we began our long trek back to the Northern Plains. We took the Connect First Train from St. Pancras station to Gatwick, and at first I was worried. We stepped out of our hotel, and there were snowflakes. Already, the Luton airport was shut down, but we were lucky and managed to leave London before dampness stranded us there. It did seem to delay our train about 40 minutes, which cut much too far into the 3 hours before our flight. Once we left the train, at Gatwick, I looked ahead of me and saw a stairwell of about 5000 steps that I had to climb with my suitcase. Being the agile, swift person that I am, I began to take one step at a time and hope I'd make it to my flight. I was afraid it was going to be like something out of a Greek tragedy, Sisyphus, where I'd bring my luggage to close to the top, and that have it all fall back down on me.

But a miracle happened. First an incredibly generous, strong soul, happened along and picked u Dianna's suitcase for her, bringing it all the way to the top. And then another came along and simply carried mine up! I was astonished and so, so grateful!

OK, so it looks like I'm going to have to gradually wean myself away from London and the London photos. Tonight, my husband and I are going to watch a movie that appeared on the BBC, "Keeping Up Appearances: Life Lessons from Onslow." And my husband bought a Guinness (primarily for photographic purposes, of course) that we both enjoyed.

And these are just a few more random photos shot from the window of the mini-van during our Rock Legends Tour:


See what I mean about the dogs in London being beautiful? And the guy's not bad, either.

This was a school group lining up outside the Albert Lea for some kind of performance. I liked their cute knee-sock uniforms and ties. Kind of reminded me of Catholic grade school.

7 comments:

KRISTIE said...

I so want to go to london! great captures!

Steph said...

The color and crispness of these pictures of amazing!

Jodie said...

I love that blue of O'neils!

Reds said...

Love that you got the beer for photographic purposes!! ;) Thanks so much Angela for the tour - loved it!!

Nicki said...

Thank you so much for sharing. Also love the brilliant blue of O'Neill's - very sharp pictures.

Unknown said...

Wonderful captures- love the color!

shirley said...

Yum - beer - looks so inviting! I'll miss your shots of London, but look forward to what your eye draws you to.