Saturday, May 9, 2009

SpringFest '09; Sort of a Party

A Recipe for a Party. . .

40 degrees and a park. Porta-potties and music. Lots of college-aged people.

Beer. And a guy with a determined way to transport it. He really hoped I wasn't with the paper.

And lots and lots of police.

And more police.



There were even the usual squad cars, but also police vans, and police on foot. I had no idea our little city even had this many police!

By the way, it's just a coincidence that my last two posts refer to beer! I'm truly not an alcoholic! Ask my friends and relatives! I'm much more likely to be a one-drink-fall-asleep type person!

11 comments:

Sharon said...

Beer? Maybe I should come visit you? ;)

Reds said...

that's a lotta police!! Wow!! That must be some big party!! ;)

Shanna Jones said...

I'm lovin' that guy with the wheelbarrow...LOL

Mom2Drew said...

reminds me a bit of college>

Cindi Koceich said...

That is so funny!!! I love how the guy in front of the guy with the beer is trying to act all incognito!!! :)

Maria said...

Wasn't it Ben Franklin who said "Beer is proof that there is a God and He wants us to be happy?"

Amy said...

How funny, looks like lots of people were having lots of fun! Hey, guess what? You're at 39 degrees, I'm at 63 degrees! :)

shirley said...

Where are the pictures of you at this part-tay? Or maybe you were just a bystander - I know the major college parties here are too wild for me now....

Jess said...

That guy with the wheelbarrow is hilarious! What great shots!

Suzy said...

Well that sure is a lot of police! Great captures!

Nicki said...

Wonder how fast that fella was going? (bicyclist getting a ticket from the officer) And 4 wheeler cops - no offense, but I thought we (WV) were the red necks. [I am sure secretly our police department would L.O.V.E. to get that patrol] Looks like it was a fun time.