Wednesday, July 13, 2011

30 Years of Marriage

In May, Doug and I celebrated 30 years of marriage!



And we decided to spend it at Disney World's Animal Kingdom, sans progeny. We had a great time. . . . and I have SO many photos to edit now!!!!!!!!!!!!

And finally, as of yesterday, I seem to have gotten my new computer configured the way I want it (almost).

I couldn't figure out why my photos were all posting to my blog in an overly-red sort of way. I dragged out the mammoth Color Management for CS3 book (although I have CS5), and I don't know why, but first assigning a photo to sRGB, rather than trusting the action I created to convert it to sRGB seems to be doing the trick!

But, you have to ask, does it really make sense to pick a photo that has brilliant reds to demonstrate this? (But he's too cute to resist, so I had to post him!)

9 comments:

Nicki said...

Congratulations on 30 years. I think a picture with red is probably the best way to show your processing - red is a difficult color, it doesn't always play well with others.

Margaret said...

Congrats on your anniversary! Quite a milestone! Love the brilliant color of that bird. I struggle with color management....don't manage it very well, you might say! :)

Nancy said...

First of all, congrats on 30 years...quite something to be proud of!!!! The parrot is fantastic....love the coloring!!!

Hugs,

Amanda said...

Happy anniversary and congratulations! The bright plumage is wonderful, and you did a great job editing! I like how the bird is looking at you with one eye!

Maria said...

Wow! Thirty years, Angela! How is that possible? Lee and I will be celebrating our 27th anniversary in just a couple of weeks. Time has flown! Congratulations to you and Doug! And what a nice way to celebrate it!

Reds said...

30 years - wow! congrats to you and your hubby! What a wonderful way to celebrate!! Beautiful colors on that parrot!

Tracie said...

Happy Anniversary!! So happy you got your computer issues resolved, that can so irritating. Love the bird shot.

Anonymous said...

30 years! Wonderful :) I think a trip to Disney World is perfect for such a fun couple!

Jill said...

Wow! Congratulations! And weird on the action not performing it's action (I guess, is what's not happening).