Monday, May 14, 2012

Tree Peony

Guess what this is! I am so excited about this, and spent much time this weekend, putting it together, experimenting with this, along with something else I made using PVC piping.


And this, along with some other plants, also took up a good chunk of time this weekend: A Tree Peony

This was more difficult to photograph than I expected, because of the wind. I'd read about tree peonies several years ago, but could not find them locally until this year. And I'm hoping this will take as well to my yard as the peony bushes have. Although, sadly, it may have just a brief period of blooming if it is also like the regular peony bushes. But she was way to pretty to pass up.




By the way, check out this podcast for Harold Davis' ideas on photographing flowers:http://www.pixiq.com/sites/default/files/006_harold_davis_clickwithnemo.mp3   Just brace yourself for hearing the phrase "Okey-Dokee!"



7 comments:

Barb said...

The photos are beautiful. Peonies are so pretty. My mother had peony bushes when I was growing up and it brings back such wonderful memories. Good luck with your tree peony.

Esther said...

I love them! The processing is so fabulous and perfect. Nice job!

My 365 Project said...

Beautiful blooms, I like the focus on the first one.

Reds said...

Love peonies!

Maria said...

I've never heard of a tree peony! How interesting! You'll need to send us periodic updates on this plant!

Nicki said...

what is it? Pretty flowers, fun shots, cool processing.

Lauren Hartman said...

I adore peonies, and the one you got is gorgeous! I don't have any, but I visit the ones in my neighbor's garden :) Have fun with your umbrella and light stand, can't wait to see what you do with them!