Thursday, May 10, 2012

Spoonbills and Sandpipers


Don't you sometimes feel that the little ones are just underfoot, when you are trying to get something done?

But we have it made, compared to these Spoonbills in the Florida Everglades!


Look at all these Sandpipers, crowding around!


I don't know how these Spoonbills keep from stepping on all the little Sandpipers.


They were noisy, too! And somehow, I imagine that none of these creatures have body space issues!


And they were surprisingly calm about our boat edging its way very close to them.

5 comments:

Lauren Hartman said...

Oh my gosh, these are awesome! I hope you're going to print them out. What a sight, I'm loving all your bird shots!

Nicki said...

These are great photos - I especially like the first one - and the coloring is delightful. As for the close proximity of the birds - I'm guessing the spoonbills have learned the hard way not to mess with the beaks of the sandpipers. Could you imagine the frenzy if you threw in a fish or bit of bread crumbs. An Alford Hitchcock moment to be sure.

Reds said...

Wow - never seen so many birds at the same place!! Beautiful shots Angela!

Tracie said...

Wow!! What gorgeous birds, I love the pink on their wings.

pat said...

I love spoonbills--they are such bizarre looking birds. I love the contrast between the bills of the spoonies and the sandpipers!