Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Day 276: Up, Up, and Away! (but now I'm back :))

I'm back from another adventure! I'm sure it's beginning to look like I lead this incredibly exotic life, but it's actually quite unusual for me to get to do as much traveling as I have been doing recently. I have some of the most wonderful pictures to post now from my trip to Seattle to meet up with Scott, returning to the US after having been stationed in Japan for 2 years, before he heads to Virginia. (And no, the Navy has NOT taken to traveling via hot air balloons; they're still using ships!)

We flew to Seattle, and then drove down to San Francisco, before returning home. And although I hoped that my husband would forget the thing he really wanted to do (take a balloon ride across Napa Valley), we actually did get in a balloon and go up approximately 1700 feet in the air, drifting with the wind.




Tomorrow I'll write more aout the beginning of the trip, starting in Seattle, and work my way through the adventure. But each day, I'm likely to sneak in another balloon photo because it was so over-the-top incredible!

10 comments:

Jeanne said...

How beautiful!

I have missed your posts. Was about to email you to ask if all was okay when I first went back to your blog to see if you mentioned an upcoming trip. Whew!

I will look forward to hearing all about your escapades. Ü

Molly said...

Wow, that looks so fun. I am terrified of heights and would never actually go up in one, but I think it would be so neat to do. What a great vantage point on that first one.

Reds said...

Wow!!! You are so brave!! I went once and found out I was scrared of heights...! ;) Love your shots and can't wait to see more!

Cindi Koceich said...

My heart is seriously pounding right now even thinking of going up in a hot air balloon. But I bet if I could get over my fear it would be amazingly beautiful!!

Sharon said...

Wow! Balloons are cool but I think people should stay on the ground. ;)

Amy said...

WOW...that sounds so incredible! I would LOVE to do a roadtrip like that. We're thinking about planning something similar for next year. Great shots, can't wait to see more.

lcp said...

Oh wow! how exciting that must have been! I would absolutely love to have the chance to get arial photos. I love the perspective in the first one.

Jess said...

Wow, these are GORGEOUS! I love hot air balloons! Did you take a ride?

Kerry said...

That first picture is awesome! I'm so impressed that you actually went up in a balloon--you're a braver woman than me!

Suzy said...

WOW!!! What stunning captures and your so brave! Love these!!