Sunday, October 19, 2008

Day 294: Last Night of the Seattle/SF Extravaganza Trip

Just outside Ghiradelli were these ships. I thought it looked like a painting! I might have walked closer to get a more tightly framed photo or two, but I was pretty tired of walking, and extremely cold! I was really wishing I'd at least brought a jacket or sweater with me!

In fact, we were all freezing, so we headed off to a nearby Macy's, prompted no doubt by my whining, and searched for jackets that wouldn't cost a fortune. I really like the jacket Scott ended up getting and Doug and I were mainly focused on "warm" and "cheap." When did basic sweatshirt type jackets start costing $70?

Scott's "list" next directed us to the Gold Dust lounge.




We basically zoned out in our own little worlds; Scott with his Blackberry, me with my camera and eavesdropping on the nearby patrons, and Doug tuned into a sports update.


Wish I'd combed my hair a bit before I let Scott get a photo of bedraggled me.



For the trolley, we stood in a long line about the size of our city before turning blue and giving up. We decided it would be not much more to pay for a taxi than the cost of 3 trolley fares, to get to the downtown area and closer to the BART station. (Especially if you factor in 3 funerals for frozen people.)

And taxi drivers are. . . strange. I say that with all due respect, having been one once when I needed to learn to drive. I can't help but wonder about mental status exams, listening to the drivers, laughing, talking in non-sequitars, and discussing what the other drivers on the road are about to do to them, and the things they've seen over the years. But mostly I was just very happy to be sitting down, not cold, and not driving on the mountain roads (with the taxi driver.)

This is how tired we were: after we got back to the hotel, we realized we'd never eaten dinner. And didn't want to. (Remember Ghiradelli's? That might as well be dinner!)

11 comments:

Reds said...

Looks like your trip was soooo much fun!!!

Anonymous said...

That first shot is like a post card...amazing!!! Bummer about the trolley!
Cari

Margaret said...

I love that first shot! I remember being in San Francisco in December one time, and I about froze to death. All my friends I was visiting who lived there told me, "You probably aren't cold. You're from Utah and it gets really cold there." Well, nothing like that biting cold right by the water. BRRR! Your trip pictures have all been so amazing!

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos! Looks like you had a great trip!

Jeanne said...

What a fantastic trip! Thanks so much for sharing all the sites and adventures. Brrrr....you must have been cold to not wait for the trolley.

Unknown said...

Go go go! I hope you got enough pics from such a busy day!

Chell said...

LOVE that first shot but they are all so much fun

Amy said...

Looks like you had a fantastic trip. I like that pic of you and your dh!

Carol said...

Love the photo of the ships. You have me addicted to your adventure. Whenever I have free time I go straight to your blog to see what you have been up to lol.

Becky said...

What a trip! Love that ship scene. I have bought more crappy sweatshirts on my trips--and I always have plenty of warm clothes back in the hotel.

Ron said...

OMG I just realized that you never mentioned anything about Pikes Place market. No photos??? Please tell me that you visited Pikes Place Market when you were here. Its an Icon!!!!!!!!!