Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Day 289: And the end of the day, at last!

Oh, Scott was not done with us yet, oh no! Next we passed (and note the emphasis on "passed") this adult bookstore, which, by the way, had a back-to-school discount for teachers.

Then we stopped at this coffee shop, in which the part of the screenplay for "The Godfather" was supposedly drafted.


And we NEEDED that caffeine, because Scott had us climbing and climbing, for blocks, to get to the top of a hill to overlook the Bay. I gave up, got this photo, (and it was beautiful) but wished I had a tripod with me.

Scott SPRINTED the rest of the way to the top of the hill.

And then we realized that we had only 30 minutes to make it back to the BART station, and back to our stop at San Bruno, in order for the shuttle to pick us up at 11:30 pm to bring us back to our hotel. Thank God it was downhill. . . all 20 blocks! We tried to get a cab to pick us up, but no luck. . . Scott finally took pity on us elderly middle-aged, exhausted parents, and apologized the whole 20 blocks for NEARLY KILLING US ON VACATION!!!!!


But my shutter finger was still operative!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great shots! I love that last one.
Cari

Becky said...

I'm not sure if you went on vacation or on The Amazing Race. :-D

Margaret said...

What a trip you had! Love the variety of all the shots you got. That last one is fabulous!

Mom2Drew said...

Becky's comment made me smile...it would be awesome to be on the Amazing Race...i digress.

LOVE that skyline.

pat said...

That night shot of SF is terrific, tripod or not!!

Chell said...

Love those shots. I am tired just looking at them.

Suzy said...

Great captures. What an adventure!

Liz said...

I read the entire front page of your blog to get caught up. LOL
Looks like you had/are having a wonderful time with your son! I want to go on vacation with you all. :)

Jeanne said...

Congratulations on surviving that day! I'm tired just reading about it. But the photos you got are absolutely fantastic and the memories made are priceless.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Cindi Koceich said...

I bet you are still recovering!! Love how your trigger finger stayed in action through the whole trip! And how funny that the adult bookstore had a teacher discount...what kind of teacher's are frequening that store...tee hee!

Jess said...

Wow, what an adventure, and what a VIEW at the top of that hill! These are awesome!

Amy ~ Just Being Aimlyss said...

Fun shots, I'm thinking maybe I need to visit that store for some back-to-school homeschooling books??? :)

Bobbi said...

That is hilarious about the back to school discount. The city at night picture is so gorgeous.