Sunday, August 3, 2008

Day 217: Dancing with the Men in her Life

Dianna thought it wouldn't be a good idea if I took a lot of photos at the wedding, so I just brought one lens, my Beloved 105 mm 2.0 lens. At the reception, Dianna and her friends called me to the main table and said they'd hired the photographer for just the church, and asked if I'd take a photo of cutting the cake. Dianna said, "go crazy with the camera, mom; be the papparazzi!"

The gloves were off! And I was delighted to do what I could with just the one lens, no tripod or external flash. (and being a very definite novice!)

Anyway, I had a blast, have about 170 photos. I just took shots that appealed to me and I hoped they'd like, and hopefully others will give them lots of photos from their cameras as well.

I shot these with RAW, am editing them with CS3, and am using some of Ren's actions, and EZactions. I'm trying to go through them, crop them the best I can, and make some adjustments, trying to avoid anything wild, but enhancing them where I can. (It's not the time to include the Zuchinni Girls!

If you have some basic recommendations to just get a nice set of photos in my sweet little friend's hands, on a CD, so she can print what she wants, PLEASE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! I've edited about 10 of them so far.

Thanks!





For this next one, I saved one that was edited more like the above photo, but used the Sun Kissed easy action on this one as well, and will include both on the CD.

8 comments:

pat said...

Angela, I love the 3rd one where she and her new hub are dancing--I can hear her laughing as he dips her. Great shots!

Becky said...

You are brave to take that on and did a nice job--and very nice to do that for her. She looks so happy!

Kristina said...

I think you caught some great emotions here!

Jess said...

These are stunning! How cool that she gave you "permission" to be the paparrazzi for her! I love it! :)

Heather said...

How pretty! She makes a beautiful bride.

Jeanne said...

Excellent shots! By far my favorite is the third one, where he is dipping her! She is SO happy and I can just "see" the grin on his face. The love is evident.

Well done, my friend!

Michelle said...

love all those moments you caught. she is a beautiful bride and you got her happy smile so well! she will be thrilled with these.

Amy said...

Oh, that third shot is just beautiful.