Friday, August 8, 2008

Day 222: Oh, I Wish I Were an Oscar Meyer Weiner. . . .

. . . because that is what I really want to be!
'Cause if I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner,
Everyone would be in love with me---eeee-----eee!"

The Oscar Meyer Weiner Mobile came to town! When I was a kid in the 50s in the Chicago area, there were a few real highlights of the summer . . . riding our bikes, catching lightening bugs, playing kick-the-can, going to the swimming pool for hours on end, and the coup'de-gra of all, the Grand Ka-Ching . . . . the Oscar Meyer Weiner Mobile!!!!! With whistles!!!! They handed out whistles, shaped like hotdogs! And with 6 brothers and sisters, all with whistles (at least after my sisters were born later), imagine the "joyous music" the 7 of us made!




Sadly, no whistles were handed out at this.

10 comments:

Angelica said...

Oh I love the weinermobile!!! Especially when you see it on the road. I wanna drive it =)

Becky said...

I saw the Weinermobile on the road once and got so excited. I just read an article about a father who picked his teenage, easily embarrassed daughter up at school in one--funny.

Margaret said...

Love the Weinermobile? Isn't it on the movie, the Santa Clause that one guy talks about how he always wanted a weinie whistle when he was a kid, but Santa never brought him one?

Love your color shots best today!

Mom2Drew said...

Oh, now this is too cute! My mom used to tell me about the weiner, I think she has a whistle too. How fun!

Rachael said...

I love it! The Weinermobile is awesome, I always wanted to ride in it. Yes, I am a big dork. :)

Jeanne said...

I have never seen this in person, and never had a weiner whistle (what I sheltered life I must have lived) but I DO remember the jingle and will probably have it roaming through my head ALL day! LOL Ü

Love the colorful shots!

pat said...

Oh thanks, now I'll be singing that all day! I had one of those whistles, too! Loved seeing the Weinermobile--brought back a lot of memories.

Tori said...

That is awesome!

Lou said...

Who doesn't love the wienermobile?? I actually have a wienie whistle!

Amy said...

Neat! I've never seen it in person!