Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Day 241: Symbols of Beloved Family Members

My three younglings (word?) don't live here anymore--so these are symbols of where they are now. Scott's still in Japan with the Navy (claiming to be traipsing around Asia, according to his last Facebook update).

Brian has just moved to Minneapolis, is about to start a job with a hotel, driving the shuttle (during the RNC!!!!! I want stories!) by night, working on his portfolio for an ad agency by day.

Dianna is back at St. Olaf for her junior year, and contemplating some really cool, study abroad programs over the next year. (I'm going to have to sneak into her suitcase!!!!)


I don't normally live these things out on the front steps by the geraniums. FYI.

11 comments:

Jeanne said...

How cool! It's nice "knowing" what your younglings (don't know) are up to. The geraniums sure are pretty too. My flowers pretty much died after I broke my ankle. Or got overgrown with weeds. Sigh...oh well, next year! Ü

Sharon said...

St Olaf is real?! I thought it was just imaginary like Rose. ;)

Becky said...

What a great way to represent your younglings. The RNC, huh? I've always heard that was a big week for hookers. :-D

Bobbi said...

Your kids are all in such exciting places, I really love this shot that represents a glimpse into thier lives!

Stacey said...

I like this idea of yours.. to take a photo of symbols when they're not there... cool idea!

Anonymous said...

WoW,3 different places..**sigh** do they really have to grow up, because I've got 4..

Jess said...

This is so cool. I loved hearing their stories about where they are right now. It must be hard having them all away like that, but so rewarding as a mom to know you did a good job raising them! :)

And hey... I was just at an art show at Berea not too long ago! Small world. :)

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

That is just awesome about your kiddo's. Pretty Geranium to.

Margaret said...

Those are great representations of your kids. Sounds like they are all doing great things.

Anonymous said...

I really love how you used symbols to define your 'younglings'....what a special shot.

Tori said...

OMGosh.... I totally though St. Olaf was a place made up for the Golden Girls! Cool to know that it's a real place!