Saturday, April 12, 2008

Day 104 POTD Mizzou and Digiscrapping: What's a Family For?

Here are a couple of photos from our recent trip to see Brian at Mizzou (University of Missouri.) He's graduating this year with a degree in Journalism and Marketing. Hopefully, after graduation he'll end up a little closer to home, although he tells us he's really not use to the cold anymore!




And this is a digiscrapping layout prompted by a conversation I had with my family about 11 years ago. I asked them what they thought a family was for. Dianna first said, "What book are you reading now, mom?" (She knows me too well!) And then said, "I'm not talking to you; I'm watching tv." And then she started answering in a way that I thought was really what an 8 year old thought about the purpose of a family.

So I grabbed a yellow tablet and wrote down what everyone said. I kept this little scrap of paper all these years, because it just struck me as so revealing of their different developmental levels. Scott's answer, at age 13, reflecting more of his unique "strange" perspective, giving it a little "biological" twist.

Wish me luck! I'm trying to get Scott's permission to a put a poem that he just wrote on my blog. My last e-mail to him tells him that if he doesn't answer, I'm taking it as consent!
OScraps Moonrise paper-recolored; RCarlton Carnival tags

21 comments:

Margaret said...

Love the silhouette in that first shot. That building in the second one looks so imposing from that angle. Your scrapbook page is fabulous. What a treasure to have all those things everyone said. Fantastic!

Mom2Drew said...

Cool layout. I really like the angle/perspective to that second shot...I'm getting a nose bleed.

Christiana said...

Cool scrapbook page. You all will appreciate that even more in the years to come.

Becky said...

I love your perspective in your Mizzou shots, and the layout is great! How cool that you saved that paper. Their answers remind me of one of my kids' great arguments. I asked them what they were made of:
DD: "Love."
DS: "Molecules."

Chell said...

Love that second shot. And the story you posted...

pat said...

Angela, that arch is really cool--love your lighting there. HOWEVER--the second shot is AWEsome!! I LOVE that POV--were you lying on your back to get that???

Yvonne said...

The building shot is amazing! Great shot!

Tera Fraley said...

I love the perspective in the second one. Ive always wanted to try digi scrapping- but never have!

Reds said...

Love that second shot! What great angle!! And great job on the digiscrap... really got to take out my scrapbooking stuff...

Anonymous said...

That second shot is just outstanding...it kind of made me dizzy though. Few!

Val said...

I like the perspective on the second photo

Anonymous said...

Love the building shot too! Beautiful layout as well!

Jess said...

Wow, such beautiful shots of Mizzou! I love the perpective of the 2nd one and the framing in the first one! Your scrap page is just lovely...

Juliana said...

Love the page! The photos are very impressive, also.

Sabine said...

Love the angle for this old building picture in Mizzou. Great pictures and layout.

Suzy said...

ooohh I love these!

movefearlessly said...

terrific photo - and i love your layout! you have a really lovely family!

Jeanne said...

Wow! Wow on the photos and WOW on the layout. How smart were you to first, ask the question, then record the answers, then keep the paper. You are amazing!

Love the second shot especially and the layout!

Anonymous said...

Great shots of the building. I will be in MO soon so If you go again and you have time let me know. What a fun layout. So nice you kept thier thoughts from when they were little.

Bobbi said...

I loved reading what your children said families were for :) Btw, I rent my lenses from lensrentals.com and love them.

Cheryl said...

No way! You are in Missouri too? Me too!

My boys are going to Columbia on Saturday for a band thing.

You are an awesome scrapper!