Sunday, April 27, 2008

Day 119: Trying very Hard to Behave Today!. . .

. . especially since Becky so sweetly gave me this award:



It's the Arte y Pico, and you pass it on to five other bloggers who inspire you.

And it's so easy to find 5 inspirational bloggers, because I'm inspired by all of you!
I'm passing it on to:

Debbi at NorthernExposures Debbi posts incredible action shots of her very talented daughters, and portraits that have the most lovely coloring and lighting ever. Debbi has taught me about RAW and custom white balance.

Jeanne at Creative Bliss and Heather at JoyRevisited are incredibly talented digiscrappers, who also fill their blogs with all kinds of other very creative craft projects that make me want to play and play and play! It's no surprise to me that the titles of their blogs include the words "Joy" and "Bliss!"

Gypsy Girl at On the Go Photo is inspirational for her adventurous and loving family. She's the mother of 6 boys, 1 very sweet daughter, her husband builds golf courses, and they travel all over the place! Vicariously, looking at her photos, satisfies some of my wanderlust!

In Mandy's work,the mud pie princess, you see divergent thinking in action! I love the quotes she includes, the lighting and composition of her work are breathtaking, and she challenges me to expand my perspective beyond the predictable.

These are five that happen to rapidly come to mind right now. But what I love about doing the POTD, and hanging out at the JessicaSprague.com playground is the generosity of sharing from all of you, of your knowledge and creativity!

I think we average about 35-40 posts a day on the POTD thread; every night is another treasure trove, whether it's from the postings, or the comments. These days, I actually WORRY about when I go out of town; I don't want to be cut-off from my fellow bloggers!

Since this week's theme is water, I thought I'd add water to these teacups and float buds in the water for these photos. My daughter is going to be a bridesmaid this summer for one of her best friends. There's a shower next weekend, and my daughter, Dianna, asked me to pick up some teacups at thrift stores for her, to be used as part of party favors. For weeks, I've had these cut flowers, starting to wilt, and thought I'd get one more photo op out of them.




I set them on a mirror for an extra little reflection.





20 comments:

Debbi said...

Thanks Angela! That made my day! I don't consider myself to be an inspirational person - yet it is definitely something I strive for. You, too, inspire me with your wit and intelligence. I'm lucky that our "internet" paths crossed and we can share these passions/hobbies! :)d

Sharon said...

One can never have enough pics of flowers. And I like how you are so creative with them.

Jess said...

What a fun idea! I really love those last two shots... they are beautiful!

For Over 29 Years... said...

Those are beautiful!

pat said...

Angela--great idea with the mirror under the teacups! Love the way the color pulls the design on the china cups.

Tera Fraley said...

How neat!! I just love those teacups!! Great awards too!!

Kristina said...

These are so fun! Great idea.

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

Congrats! Your shots are beautiful.

Jeanne said...

Angela! You are too kind to send me that award! Thank you. I'm tickled to know I've inspired you, someone whose photography skills leave me awestruck most of the time.

Speaking of which, those flowers and teacups are simply beautiful! Great idea to put them on a mirror as well.

Thanks again. I just love visiting your blog because I know I will see something visually stimulating!

Tricia said...

Very creative, I love these shots.

Christiana said...

I really like the mirror under the cups, great idea. Great post, too!

me said...

very pretty and creative.

Amy said...

What a fun idea for shower favors and great shots with them! Check out this link: http://aimlyss.blogspot.com/2008/04/its-award-timearte-y-pico-potd-for.html
I didn't put it as part of my post, it was under it. :)

Reds said...

Love your flower shots!! Great way to showcase them!

Becky said...

Great choices on the 'pico de gallo' :-D. And your teacup flower shots are wicked cool, as we say in Maine. Imagine my surprise that people all over the country are now using "wicked" the way we do; it used to be considered so hick. Now if people start saying "Jeezum Crow" I'll be like :-O.

Anonymous said...

Angela! Thank you so much. Your comments always make me feel so happy. You always are so detailed and show that you really take the time. Thank you...I appreciate your kind words and take them to heart.

I love the color in these so much and your angles are so interesting and really add to the photos. I love the next to the last one. Its my fav!

Unknown said...

Thank you Angela. I am thrilled you gave me this. I will share it with 5 others as soon as I get my blogger issues under control. My blog is gone. I am trying to recover right now. I cant even post comments on anyones account until it is recovered or I have to make another one. Recovery may take up to 4 days. This is posted from my sons blog. This message sent to you from gyspy girl.

Suzy said...

What a great idea for party favors! Beautiful captures!

Bobbi said...

Love the teacups- and what a cute idea for bridesmaids gifts!

Donnah Ciempka said...

Flowers in the teacups are so pretty. Your ideas always interest me.