Saturday, April 26, 2008

Day 118: Pouting about the Snow

Well, because they closed the roads for a dumb blizzard (17 inches of snow!) between me and my CHILD this weekend, I'm pouting. This is how I'll pout: I'm posting a picture about the child I was, long ago and far away. . . When my 2 girlfriends and I played "Super Barbie!" Except

they were playing Sweet Elegant dressed up fancy Barbie, and I was playing Super Barbie, swooping over their heads, hawk-like, with totally clever shrieks, and my friends got mad. My bf (whose name happened to be "Becky") grabbed--and beheaded--my Barbie and tossed her head into the general clutter of her back porch. I stormed off, martyr-like, and some THING came over me, and I picked up the head and dropped it in my pocket. Secretly. But carried on about how "My Barbie's head is lost, lost, L-o-s-t. . . .!"

I went home. And on the way, down the alley, my stubborn self buried the Barbie head in the dirt. This was back in the days when a Barbie was a Big Deal; it wasn't like my family could go out and buy another just because my Barbie's head was "Lo - 0 - 0 -s-t!!!!" Becky's mom made her clean up the whole porch from corner to corner. . . ummmm, . . . searching for the Lost Head.

It took me years to admit to my friend that I'd buried my own head!

And in spite of all this, wonderful Becky (of POTD) likes the way I look at the world???? Hopefully she won't change her mind after this, and before all of Blogger World I promise never to bury my head in the ground and blame it on her! (Becky, I'll pass on the trophy tomorrow, if I don't get it done tonight!)

PS My DH says this photo is scaring him about me!

16 comments:

Chell said...

LOL I like the shot actually. I hope your snow melts fast and stays away from here on out..

Anonymous said...

I entered before I finished typing. I to find you so funny especially about your dh being scared.

pat said...

OOh, a dark side comes forth!! Love that story, though. SOOO sorry about your snow. That is the PITS!

Bobbi said...

This photo is scary! But it made me laugh cause it is you. Great story...is it the same Becky as the POTD fame, or is that a coincidence?

Becky said...

Are you kidding? This story and photo makes me love you even more! LOLOLOLOL. You know those big Barbie heads that you do makeup and hairstyling on? A couple of years ago my DD put hers in my toilet for April Fool's Day. Freaked me OUT!

And snow. Boo! Hiss! We've gotten some snow this late in the year before, but never that much! Dang, that stinks!

Sharon said...

I love these posts. You sound like a very interesting person. :D

Christiana said...

I agree, the pic and the great story makes me like you even more. I chewed off the feet of the very few barbies I ever had, poor little amputee barbie...so sad.

mel said...

funny! hope your snow melts fast!

Mom2Drew said...

Yea a little creepy, but still pretty cool:)

Amy said...

A bit morbid, but still a cool photo!

me said...

It is a little creepy, but your jounaling is great.

Tricia said...

LOL, I was laughing while reading and my dh came in to see what was so funny. I showed him the pic and very seriously he said "thats not funny" and of course I burst out laughing even harder telling him to read what it says.

I wish I would have had my camera in my hand when he seen the pic.

Jeanne said...

Oh my Angela, you might need to post some sort of warning before looking! First baby dolls and now Barbie heads???? I love ya and your posts, but I was a bit taken aback by the picture of a Barbie head buried! Once I read the post, I laughed, but like your hubby...was a bit scared at first!

I'm sorry to hear of the snow you got and hope that it melts soon! For the sake of Barbie heads EVERYWHERE!!!

LOL

Debbi said...

LOL! You crack me up! What a funny story!

Margaret said...

Sorry your road was closed due to snow. Your post is so funny....in a scary sort of way;)

Jess said...

ROFL! I love your "dark" side! Especially that story behind the doll's head... that is hilarious. :)