Sunday, April 13, 2008

Day 105 POTD: More from Mizzou

Just a few more pictures from my trip last weekend to Mizzou. Here's my dh snooping into someone's private writings, while patiently waiting for me to get on with the photo-taking, already! (He's probably posing; he LIKES me to take his picture, but doesn't quite want to admit it!)


More of the campus. I know there's an interesting, mind-boggling, awe-inspiring backstory to these columns. . . but I forgot it. Probably heard it during one of those EXHAUSTING college tours where you (I) just can't quite walk as fast as all those feisty little tour guides, who are walking BACKWARDS, for God sakes!

And here's my dh and ds still waiting for me, having one of those interesting father-son conversations, concentrating intently. . . probably about sports.



Actually, one of my favorite photo ops is catching two of my family members interacting unawares of the camera. Two images in my mind (and how I would have loved to have captured them!) were of my dh and oldest, very tall, son. I came around a corner in a grocery store, and my 14 year old, who now towered above his dad, must have been misbehaving, and was getting lectured by his dad. My son was looking down all sheepish, at his dad, and my husband was looking sternly up at him, pointing his finger in that very classic "you're in trouble" way. He might have become a "big" boy, physically bigger than his dad, but dad was still boss. It was so cute!

Another, similiar, wonderful image--wish-I-had-it-on-film was one time my very affectionate older son, again towering over his dad, reached down and wrapped him arms around his father, gave him a big bear hug, and lifted him off his feet!

Again, so cute! And they're all (oldest son, younger son, and dh) such great guys!

18 comments:

pat said...

Don't you just WISH you could develop all the just-missed photos on our mental cameras? I have some gems in there. I can just picture the ones you've described. I have to cheer the one of your DH and son, and their echoing postures.

For Over 29 Years... said...

Those columns are quite impressive. I know there are so many shots that I wish I had. I guess that's why I take so many when I do have the camera on them!

Sharon said...

Nice captures!

You know, you can google about the columns. ;)

http://www.missouri.edu/about/history/columns.php

Christiana said...

I've taken to just walking around with my camera in my hand because I was tired of missing those moments. I still miss them. Great pics. Looks like a great time.

Jeanne said...

Love the photos and the stories! Looks like your hubby has a great sense of humor...like you!

LOL at the one of them intent on whatever the discussion was...

Great job as usual!

Jess said...

I love these! They are so REAL. :) I hear ya on wishing we could have captured things... I have SO MANY cute scenes in my head that never made it onto film (or pixels). Sad really. But it's better to have SEEN the moment at all than to have missed it completely, right?

Becky said...

I loved every word of this post! You always make me smile. Love your DH peeking at the guy's writing. :-D

Anonymous said...

Nice shot of the columns. I really like the one of dh and ds contemplating.

Mom2Drew said...

there's a story like that at every school...could not tell you the story behind mine either. Hmmm, funny how you forget that stuff.

Debbi said...

Looks like a great trip, Angela! It looks so much more like Spring! Those pictures in my head are the most frustrating part about this hobby (and the part that keeps me from taking the next step and doing it professionally)! I wish I could get them on the camera!

Reds said...

Awesome shot of the columns!! And I agree about the missed shots... too bad we can't have our cameras with us all the time...

Val said...

Nice shots! LOL about the feisty tour guides

Bobbi said...

Those towers are awesome, sure wish I knew that story ;)

I have moments like this too that I so wish I had a camera, but at least our memories will serve us for now...and writing it down helps me lol.

pakosta said...

how fuN!
i love trip photos!
tara

Amy said...

Great post. I can just see the pictures that you never took, but are never-the-less so real to you.

Tori said...

these are great! i rally like the lines in the columns and i love the last shot of you DH and DS!

Suzy said...

I know what you mean about catching family - unaware! Those make some of the best shots! These are great!

Amy said...

These are all beautiful! I love the first one of your dh peeking at the writing, the columns are so cool and what a beautiful building behind it, and the father/son shot is awesome!